Crypto War Crypto War

That manifesto's deep SnowTeddy. What happened, did you read that website and this was the music you felt/heard? If it's something you feel strongly for, writing software for the sake of privacy... That's trilling some vast territory though. Listened to this while skimming the mani and the website, it's definitely fitting; this song progresses nicely. Good work here SnowTeddy.

I0TA responds:

This track is more of a personal reflection, but still as an inspiration. I've been a part of the cypherpunk movement since the early 2000. I'm a hacker, cypherpunk and infoanarchist. I believe the technology I developed and contributed to help shape this world greatly.

Thank you for your time to respond thoughtfully to this track, Tyguy80s. :)

Help, I'm a Rock Help, I'm a Rock

Interesting story in the comment box. It's progresses nicely, a bit repetitive for my taste but it's good nonetheless. Good work here. It's catchy.

mantrakid responds:

Thanks a bunch Tyguy80s!

Mithyx - Basketball on an Empty Court [chill LP] Mithyx - Basketball on an Empty Court [chill LP]

I was expect the [adult swim] logo to be somewhere off in the distance of the NG media player. This is lit, for real for real.

MithyxSounds responds:

lol, it does kind of sound like the breaks in between adult swim commercials/shows

Re:Reveris ~ Vocal Ver. Re:Reveris ~ Vocal Ver.

What software do you use to compose? Is it FL studio or Musescore or something? This is a great work of art, and your voice has improved!

Troisnyx responds:

FL Studio 11, to be precise. Thank you!

Signal Signal

This is the sound of computers plotting the end of the world.

I0TA responds:

:D thanks for dropping by!

Select your character Select your character

A neat little diddy. This would go well on a game menu, as your title suggests. The song's giddy and progresses nicely. Good job WaxTark.

Sunset Silicon Sector (CHIPS V) Sunset Silicon Sector (CHIPS V)

Unlike some of my music, almost every tune you publish is a full length song and it seems to be perfect for an ambiance or background. This'd be good study music or web surfing music. I can picture a main menu like Basi...Coro.. mentioned. Thanks for sharing your artistic expression with us SnowTeddy.

I0TA responds:

Thanks you for your thoughts! :D

A Life Of My Own A Life Of My Own

Nothing quite like a good improv on your favorite instrument :) I felt this one better, probably because it wasn't clockwork like your last piece. The use of chromatic notes was a little forced at around 3:20, but the rest was clever use of chromatic-ism. I like the way you stuck with the key of Bb/Gmin, I haven't heard music in that key quite played like this in a very long time. The jazz chords at just shy of 11:00 didn't seem so much impact-ful but they seemed like a device to go a little atonal for a couple minutes which seemed to work.

There's definitely a few themes here that could be developed into a song if you're needing inspiration. I'd encourage that, it's an easy way to make more original music by looking at your own songs and seeing if there was something that you wanted to develop upon and establish. When I write symphonies including a harp part, I almost always want to write a song for harp and/or bass clarinet just based off that theme.

*plug alert* Examples of where I employed that tactic, Blissful Venture and Liam's Lullaby, Theme of Disturbed Wind and Trust in Despair, Symphony Allegro and Journey Through a New World, Burnt Okra and Through The Swamp. The infinite possibles in music, it's fun really :D

There's definitely something good from this improv and I enjoyed the mostly clever use of the chromatic notes. This song's unique; nice work Chad. Seriously though, consider maybe writing a song based on something from this session. It's a really satisfying feeling, expressing yourself through a creative work that you enjoy... I'm glad NG exists and allows amateurs to do so.

ChadWiggy responds:

Thank you, guy. Everything I play is actually improvised. Kind of like channeling my thoughts and feelings into a audio journal. Only way I could replay it would be if I recorded the notes with midi.

How Do You Get An Octopus Into An Egg? (Clockworks) How Do You Get An Octopus Into An Egg? (Clockworks)

I couldn't enjoy this. This is music for sure, but it feels like an eery ambient theme then it does an Easy Listening song. Perhaps try labeling it as "Other - Experimental". I know how hard it is to convey musical ideas and concepts from your head and onto the canvas, so I do appreciate that in this song. However, I failed to sense a... melodic or compelling theme. Perhaps I'm not "feeling it Mr. Krabs". I'll check your other works though.

ChadWiggy responds:

For sure. I only posted this version because for some reason it was receiving positive attention on SoundCloud. Weird I thought, but there it is. Guess I should post the original 2 versions, huh?

Tetris - Bradinsky - JBeat RMX Tetris - Bradinsky - JBeat RMX

I have this on repeat. Y'all's dialect make this song too. It takes courage to publish a white boy rap :)

JBeat2k9 responds:

Hahaha yeah dude! Thank you for your comment and rating!

We made this in 2007, but we put it online in 2009!

I can't believe people are still finding it! xD